Job Title: Research Associate
Organisation: Korea Program on International Agriculture (KOPIA)
Duty Station: Kawanda, Wakiso
The Korea Program on International Agriculture (KOPIA) signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) to jointly explore and coordinate agricultural research, development and extension activities of mutual interest;
In execution of the above, KOPIA seeks candidates to fill the position of Research Associate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design experiments and estimate experimental costs
- Maintain accurate and timely records of test results;
- Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of research results and maintain accurate and timely records.
- Interacting with colleagues to improve knowledge in designing and conducting experiments and interpreting experimental results.
- Participating in survey studies, extension workshops and joint on-farm trials and field visits.
- Able to collect research information, searching research papers and summarize the results.
- Performing other research assignments as required and carrying out functional duties as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in agronomy, soil science or any other related field
- One year of lab experience.
How to Apply:
All those suitably qualified and interested should submit their application together with CV and academic transcripts to KOPIA office at the National Agricultural Research Laboratories (NARL) Kawanda or send to:
The Director, KOPIA Uganda Center
Deadline: 15, June 2016